1 Platform for Survival items
7. All states shall swiftly adopt maximally stringent efficiency standards for cars, trucks, ships, and aircraft.
8. The International Code Council1The International Code Council is an association with over 64,000 members. It develops model codes and standards used in the design, build and compliance process to construct safe, sustainable, affordable and resilient structures. Some countries use its standards instead of developing their own. About 40 percent of emissions come from existing buildings, which could be 80% more efficient. Currently, design is done with consideration for payback by cost from utility savings. However, higher carbon fuels cost less right now than renewable energy, so buildings are being built to use fossil fuels instead of lower carbon fuel sources. They are not designed to be ready to use renewable energy sources. shall adopt stringent performance-based building codes.
9. All states shall adopt norms and procedures for the production, recovery, and recycling of materials.
10. All states shall accelerate R&D of HVDC2Research and Development of High voltage direct current electric grids electric grids, energy storage, and Demand System Management.
11. All states shall incorporate environmental considerations in developing national dietary food guides.
12. All states shall negotiate to preserve and protect forests and enhance carbon sinks.
Each of the proposals above has its own page on the Project Save the World wiki. Our intention is that people will volunteer to use the wiki for an essay on how the proposal can be put into action, what changes may need to be introduced, and so on.
If you are interested in being a contributor, contact us at email@example.com.
4 Papers and articles
Please contact the page administrator if you have research material (published or unpublished) which you wish to submit.