This page is for people with expertise in, or a particular interest in, reducing war and weapons (especially nuclear).
War and Weapons links
- Cost of War SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
- Girding for Confrontation- the Pentagon’s Provocative Encirclement of China https://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/50732-girding-for-confrontation-the-pentagons-provocative-encirclement-of-china Michael T. Klare, TomDispatch 19 June 18
- What a North Korea Hydrogen Bomb would do to the Pacific Ocean and Space Stations, Nsikan Akpan for PBS Newshour, Sept. 30, 2017
- War in space is increasingly possible. That would be terrible for everyone, Theresa Hitchens in the National Post, Nov. 17, 2017
- Video: Why we Ignore Accurate Predictions about Imminent Disasters, Richard Clarke on BigThink.com, Oct. 27, 2017
Platform for Survival items
1. All states owning or hosting nuclear weapons shall immediately de-alert them and commit to no-first-use.
2. All states, including those in NATO, shall sign, ratify, and within 10 years comply with the TPNW.1
3. All states shall reduce their militaries and not plan war for “national security.”
4. All states shall develop a UN Emergency Peace Service to protect civilians and respond to crises.
5. All states shall ratify and fully implement the Arms Trade Treaty.
6. UN Convention on CCW and all states shall prohibit developing or deploying lethal autonomous weapons.2
Each of the proposals above has its own page on the Project Save the World wiki. Our intention is that people will volunteer to use the wiki for an essay on how the proposal can be put into action, what changes may need to be introduced, and so on.
At present the wiki is open to all users; that is, no login is necessary. (This policy may change depending on the level of spam and/or trolling we may receive).
If you are interested in being a contributor, please visit http://wiki.tosavetheworld.ca and select your preferred proposal from the frontpage menu.