This page is for people with expertise in, or a particular interest in, reducing war and weapons (especially nuclear).
War and Weapons links
- Cost of War SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
- Girding for Confrontation- the Pentagon’s Provocative Encirclement of China https://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/50732-girding-for-confrontation-the-pentagons-provocative-encirclement-of-china Michael T. Klare, TomDispatch 19 June 18
- What a North Korea Hydrogen Bomb would do to the Pacific Ocean and Space Stations, Nsikan Akpan for PBS Newshour, Sept. 30, 2017
- War in space is increasingly possible. That would be terrible for everyone, Theresa Hitchens in the National Post, Nov. 17, 2017
- Video: Why we Ignore Accurate Predictions about Imminent Disasters, Richard Clarke on BigThink.com, Oct. 27, 2017
Platform for Survival items
1. All states owning or hosting nuclear weapons shall immediately de-alert them and commit to no-first-use.
2. All states, including those in NATO, shall sign, ratify, and within 10 years comply with the TPNW.1
3. All states shall reduce their militaries and not plan war for “national security.”
4. All states shall develop a UN Emergency Peace Service to protect civilians and respond to crises.
5. All states shall ratify and fully implement the Arms Trade Treaty.
6. UN Convention on CCW and all states shall prohibit developing or deploying lethal autonomous weapons.2